Making this bowl is fast and easy. You start out by cooking some perfect soft-boiled eggs, (cooked white, runny yolk). Then, you just sauté the veggies with some quinoa and whip up this super flavorful, tangy feta dressing which only has five ingredients and comes together in about 2 minutes with just a bowl and a fork, no blender needed. Then, you top the quinoa mixture with some avocado, a soft-boiled egg, the dressing and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds, and ta dah! Done! It’s that simple.
This recipe would be perfect to make ahead and store in the fridge for lunches and dinners throughout the week. You could even have it for breakfast! (Anything with eggs counts for breakfast, amiright?) You could also just make the quinoa ahead of time which would chop 15 minutes off the cook time.
As far as substitutions, tons of veggies would work here if asparagus, spinach and kale aren’t your thing. You could steam some broccoli and use that instead. You could also substitute Brussels sprouts, zucchini, peas, or even mushrooms!
Okay, here’s the video:
A super fast and easy, and insanely delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner packed with green veggies!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 eggs
- 100 g kale, minced
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 200 g asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 oz feta
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1. Add the quinoa to a medium saucepan with 1.75 cups of water. Cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- 2. Bring at least 3 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and reduce to a simmer. Add the eggs (cold from the fridge) and start a timer for 7 minutes. After exactly 7 minutes, remove the eggs to an ice bath, and peel.
- 3. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add a little olive oil. When hot, add the asparagus and the garlic. Stir and cook for a couple minutes, then add the kale and 1/3 cup of water and cover the pan. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, then uncover, add the spinach and stir. When the spinach has wilted, add the cooked quinoa and 1/2 tsp salt and stir until well-combined and remove from heat.
- 4. For the dressing, mix together the feta, greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, a few shakes of black pepper and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl and mix with a fork until smooth.
- 5. To make the bowls, spoon some of the quinoa mixture into a bowl, and top with a soft boiled egg, a 1/4 of a chopped avocado, a drizzle of dressing and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds!