The third (and most indulgent) recipe in my easy, healthy snacks video is Mocha Latte No-Bake Cookies! These little bites of deliciousness are SO YUMMY. The bottom layer tastes like coffee and the top layer tastes like chocolate making for an amazing mocha latte flavor bomb in every bite!
Since they don’t require any baking, they come together very quickly, about 15 minutes, and only require a few ingredients. We start with the coffee layer consisting of oats, almond butter for creaminess, maple syrup for sweetness, coconut oil for richness, and of course, espresso powder for that wonderful coffee flavor. I’m also enhancing this bottom layer with a spice blend that you can only get at Savory Spice called Baker’s Brew Coffee Spice which is incredible. It has coffee, chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to name a few, and it adds so much depth to the flavor. Not surprisingly, it’s also very good in baked goods!
The top layer is a simple chocolate “shell” made of coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder, that hardens when chilled. So, you simply mix up the bottom layer, divide into muffin cups, chill, pour the chocolate sauce over each cookie, chill again, and they’re ready to eat!
I prefer to make them in mini muffin cups so each cookie is just a bite or two since they are very rich. However, if you only have normal size muffin tins, these work just as well. Though not necessary, these would be even more delicious with a sprinkling of flaky salt on top (like this one)!
These little bites of deliciousness are rich, luscious flavor bombs of coffee and chocolate, the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp maple syrup, divided
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp melted coconut oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp baker's brew coffee spice
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- 1. Add 2 Tbsp maple syrup, 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil, and almond butter to a medium bowl and mix well. Microwave for 30 seconds or so, just until everything mixes together in a smooth consistency. Then stir in the baker's brew coffee spice and espresso powder.
- 2. Next add the oats and mix well. Drop the oat mixture into mini muffin tins by the teaspoonful or normal muffin tins by the tablespoonful and put in the refrigerator.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp maple syrup, 2 tsp melted coconut oil, and 2 tsp cocoa powder. If coconut oil stiffens up, microwave the mixture for 20 seconds or so. Take the muffin tin out of the fridge and drizzle the chocolate sauce over each of the cookies evenly and sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Put back in the fridge for 10 minutes or so.
- 4. To remove the cookies from the muffin tin, rub your hand or a warm washcloth on the bottom of each muffin cup to warm the metal, then use a fork to pull at the edge of each cookie and pop them out. Store in the fridge until ready to eat!